Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

[SOLVED] Can't test add-ons with AddOn Management

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
When I try to test (on addOn Management) my addon built with Visual Studio 10, it doesn't appear in the list on AddOn Management. However, when I check with another addon found on the website, it appears on the list. In this way, I can't use it on Archicad 18.
I think there is a problem with my addon; probably something I missed...
Does someone have an idea on this problem ?
Regards.
3 REPLIES 3
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Cedric wrote:
Hello,
When I try to test (on addOn Management) my addon built with Visual Studio 10, it doesn't appear in the list on AddOn Management. However, when I check with another addon found on the website, it appears on the list. In this way, I can't use it on Archicad 18.
Regards.
That usually means that the MDID resource is not valid. Open your add-on as a resource file in Visual Studio, and see if it contains an MDID resource at all, and the values in there are not 'dummies'. You can create a valid local ID for your add-on with your developer ID and the AddOnAdmin tool in the devkit.

Sorry for the late answer,

Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Akos wrote:
Cedric wrote:
Hello,
Regards.
That usually means that the MDID resource is not valid. Open your add-on as a resource file in Visual Studio, and see if it contains an MDID resource at all, and the values in there are not 'dummies'. You can create a valid local ID for your add-on with your developer ID and the AddOnAdmin tool in the devkit.

Sorry for the late answer,

Akos
Thank you for your answer,
I get through this problem but I don't know what it was. I started the process again and it works. I just have failed when I put the keys.
Regards.
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Cedric wrote:
Thank you for your answer,
I get through this problem but I don't know what it was. I started the process again and it works. I just have failed when I put the keys.
Regards.
That usually happens when you type in the developer ID, instead of copying and pasting.

Best, Akos
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!