BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

[SOLVED] modeless palette question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Archicad Developers!!!

I have a two questions about palettes:

I need to have something like the BIMObject palette with those buttons which have images.. I found an example http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=47307&highlight=modeless+palette in the forum with a modeless palette which has two buttons and everything seems to work fine with it, but how can I add images to my buttons instead of text like in the BIM Object?

Also another thing I noticed is that i cannot "dock" it whenever I want in Archicad. It always stays on top.. How to make it dockable?

Second question is how to insert it into the windows->palettes, just like BIMObjekt is done, so I can invoke it from there?

I'll be very thankful for any kind of help!

All the best,
Julian
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was able to do it a dockable palette, and replaced the buttons with icons. The only thing that I don't know how to do is to put it into the windows->palette menu where are the other palettes now. Any ideas how to do it ?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
jcimentarov wrote:
I was able to do it a dockable palette, and replaced the buttons with icons. The only thing that I don't know how to do is to put it into the windows->palette menu where are the other palettes now. Any ideas how to do it ?
When you call ACAPI_Register_Menu to register your menu, set the 3rd parameter (menuPosCode) to MenuCode_Palettes.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!