Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Support Tools

I am looking for Windows XP applications/utilities to do the following things:

1. capture splash screen graphics from inside the Archicad installer files. On a Mac you could do this with ResEdit. Is there an equivalent entity in the XP world?

2. am publishing a set of files as a group for delivery to a client. Is there an application that will set all the file dates to a specified date/time (created, modified, accessed)?

It seems to me that these were fairly simple tasks for a Mac user. Unsure how to proceed now that I've joined the dark side.

Any pointers wouold be appreciated.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Aaron,

Just open the file in the MS dev environment. Select "all files" for the filter, and open ArchiCAD.exe. You'll (long load time) eventually see a tab like the attached, listing all resources in the exe.

I do believe that this might be considered 'reverse engineering', which is prohibited by the license. Not sure how much useful will show up here (and by opening the various DLLs), since GS uses their own resource format for dialogs, etc. as you know.

As far as the file timestamps go, on Unix you would use "touch"... which presumably must be part of OS X. On XP, it looks like the Posix commands have been moved into the resource kit and are not delivered, as they were with NT. So, you might have to search for a 3rd party touch command, or write your own script. A quick search brought up:
http://www.changefiledate.com/

Karl
exe-resources.gif
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl,

Thanks for your quick response and the warning on the reverse engineering. To set the record straight, all I am after are bitmap files that I saw streaking past me while installing ArchiFM today. I am looking for a graphic to put on my web site's ArchiFM page and there is precious little to be captured from the various Graphisoftr sites. That is about as reverse as I intend to engineer. Nothing too nefarious, I hope.

Will do a search for the touch utilities.

cheers!
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Karl Ottenstein
Aaron wrote:
I am looking for a graphic to put on my web site's ArchiFM page and there is precious little to be captured from the various Graphisoft sites. That is about as reverse as I intend to engineer. Nothing too nefarious, I hope.
I think not! 😉 I too have always wondered why the marketing materials for ArchiFM are so minimal. Looking forward to whatever discussions you drum up on the product in the regular forums, if anyone responds to your post there! 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB