BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

VBAL::APIAttributeList design question

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
I am creating a dockable palette using DG:Palette. In the palette I have an attribute list based on VBAL::APIAttributeList. I am adding groups to the list with VBAL::APIAttributeListGroupItem and group content with VBAL::APIAttributeListTextItem. When the list is displayed, it seems the standard configuration is to keep space reserved for optional icons as marked in the attached image. When I look around in the standard dialogs in ARCHICAD I find several examples of grouped lists without this "icon space". My question is - what controls the allocation and how can I supress it in my list?
Regards,
Lars Rådman
3 REPLIES 3
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
I don't think you can remove the icon column from VBAL::APIAttributeList. We just use an ordinary list control to do this, and manage the disclosure triangles in the first column with our own code.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the fast reply!
When you say ordinary list control, what class are you using then? And can you point me in any direction where I can find more information/documentation about the VBAL:: classes?

Best regards,
Lars
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
LarsR wrote:
When you say ordinary list control, what class are you using then? And can you point me in any direction where I can find more information/documentation about the VBAL:: classes?
I was referring to DG::ListBox. There isn't a lot of documentation, so your best bet is probably the examples. We built a UI class framework from the early stages of the API, so our classes now wrap a hybrid of the GS classes and underlying C functions.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!