Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

no AddOnAdmin.app with AC13 Dev Kit

Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
I went to register my addon and AddOnAdmin.app is missing from the new dev kit. Can anyone confirm this? (Mac)
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
6 REPLIES 6
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ben wrote:
I went to register my addon and AddOnAdmin.app is missing from the new dev kit. Can anyone confirm this? (Mac)
Yes, it's missing from my installation too. The version bundled with the AC12 DevKit still works fine though.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
thanks Ralph, but unfortunately my v12 AddOnAdmin.app will not work, looks like I need to reinstall the v12 dev kit, so I can use v13...... and so it goes on.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
On Mac OSX Leopard the API v12 (2156) Add-on Manager is crashing on startup. The V11 add-on manager starts, but it says my .xml database file is corrupt. Creating a new database with my id and auth. code works, but when I want to save the database it says it is corrupted.

Does it work for anybody on the Mac OSX Leopard?
Karl Ottenstein
Ferenc wrote:
On Mac OSX Leopard the API v12 (2156) Add-on Manager is crashing on startup. The V11 add-on manager starts, but it says my .xml database file is corrupt. Creating a new database with my id and auth. code works, but when I want to save the database it says it is corrupted.

It worked for me when I was on Leopard, Ferenc ... and works fine for me in Snow Leopard... The "Check" functionality does not work with the current add-ons for 12 for me ... I'm also looking at build 2156 of the kit.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Ferenc wrote:
It crashed all the time for me until I started saving the database in the same directory as the AddOnAdmin application.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
No Go for me, doesn't work on the same directory either.
bummer.

Also, while the examples program builds fine, creating a new add-on has all kinds of build problems.

I guess I just need to use the inventory MDID numbers, and change the example add-ons instead of creating something from scratch...

Leopard, XP, AC 13, 12, 11, ...