BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have started using artlantis recently and im just looking for some general advice as i cant seem to get anywhere near some of the pics ive seen on here. Is there any good tutorials about that would help me? Also the objects and materials i have on artlantis are limited is there anywhere i can download some more?

Pic below is where i am at the moment.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Consider visiting the Artlantis forums:
http://www.abvent.com/support/forum/

And, of course, buy Dwight's book when it comes out any week now!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
It has been a real struggle but i am within two weeks of completion. I thank Archicad TALK members for their support in pre-ordering the book. Many of you have already seen articles for comment and I appreciate the guidance provided.

If you are just starting in Artlantis, there are several key articles in the book that take you right into planning and executing illustrations, both residential and commercial.

If you want a sample of the book, please email me below.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the book talk about the sketch rendering of 2.0 in detail?
Joseph
Dwight
Newcomer
Hello Joseph:

As much as it deserves. I show it in three places. The tool is very subjective and deserves personal experimenting. No recipes......

The sketch rendering aspect is something that can't be generally applied since each image is so unique. And the truth is that anyone any good in Artlantis is going to have an image editor with some filter effects that can be instantly applied and changed, remembered exactly, and will be more sophisticated.

For example, the edge definition tool. Artlantis will find edges, but they are black. In the book, I show you in an image editor how to make them a color complimentary to your design scheme.

There is one place where the Artlantis sketch tool is great. The desaturation and tinting. Tasteful and not heavy handed.

Are you having any specific issues with this tool?
pp-plain-screenshot.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!