BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Creating a new section

Too Long
Enthusiast
Hi all.

I have a strange issue where creating a new section will look completely different from all other sections. The same result happens with the creation of a new interior elevation.

The job is almost complete and I have many sections and internal elevations that look and work as expected but now every newly created section or elevation has completely different view and section settings.

I have tried saving the "good" section as a favorite and applying that favorite to a new section, Ive tried copying the section marker and ive tried inject the properties from a "good" section to a "bad" all to no avail.

Please see the pics. Im at a complete loss and hope you can help.

Thanks

Good:

Bad:

AC26 AUS Full
2 REPLIES 2
Too Long
Enthusiast
Quick update.

So I posted this previously and never saw the last reply which solved my issue.
Opening the good section in View Map, Open the bad section in Project Map and save the settings back in the View Map via "get current window settings"

So my next question is, how do I make these settings my default so when I create a new section it always creates it with these view settings as currently I need to repeat the above process for all newly created sections?

Thanks

AC26 AUS Full
Barry Kelly
Too wrote:
So my next question is, how do I make these settings my default so when I create a new section it always creates it with these view settings as currently I need to repeat the above process for all newly created sections?

Manually set all of the tool settings before you use it (same for any tool you use).
Or as mentioned in one of your other posts, ALT click an existing elevation/section line to set the default settings for the tool.
Once you have those default settings, save them as a favourite.
This way you can save many favourites with slightly different settings, should you need some variations.

You can also CTRL+ALT click (inject) your default settings into any existing Section/elevation line instead of using the 'get current windows settings' method you mentioned.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!