Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Rendering settings / Format

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I am about to render out a couple of 30 something renderings in Archicad.
I have a MacBook Pro with 2.2 Ghz, Intel core i7 and 16 GB, 1600 Mhz DDR3.
(that doesn´t tell me anything, but maybe useful information)

The file is large, but I have layers I can turn of and on so that it goes a little easier.

I am supposed to print the picture, some in A3 or close to A3 size, without it getting grainy og pixaleted.

So my questions is, what settings are the most useful for fastest possible renderings,but with best possible quality? Should I render in A3 format with 100 DPI, 150 DPI, 300 DPI (?) Or any other suguestions?

I was supposed to render with artlantis, and send it to the renderfarm. But I just can´t get the settings nice in the interior, and also the files is so large, that it takes a lot of time just navigating properly. Much easier in archicad...
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Usually when I need to render to a particular size to print I set the size of the print and make it 150 or 300 DPI. Usually 150 DPI is enough, but If you have something very Important and with possibility that can be printed in a bigger size, then use 300 DPI. But honestly I've made some test in this before and you can not see the difference between 150 and 300 DPI if the render is printed at the size that was meant to be, you can really notice the difference if is printed bigger than the size it was meant to be.
To get faster renders you can tweak the render settings in differents ways.

PD: put you Archicad Version and computer specs in the signature, that will help others to help you.