cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

ArchiCAD 19 - Dimensions disappearing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Just seeing if any else is having this issue in AC19.
When dimensioning walls within a teamwork file (dimensions are associated to the wall). The issue we have is after dimensioning the walls, the next time you or someone in the team accesses the file the dimensions string either disappears or drops off the dimension of the wall thickness. Any thoughts??
14 REPLIES 14
Barry Kelly
Anything to do with the 'Partial Structure Display' settings?
If you dimension to a wall finish and then only display only the cores the dimensions will be hidden.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought it was this but no Partial Structure Display is set as Entire Model.
Istvan Moharos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

We have seen similar issue if the dimension contained custom text, but this has been fixed in the latest update.
Do you use custom text in the affected dimension?

Regards,
Istvan
István Moharos

Manager, Technical Services

GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Istvan,

Thanks for the reply we have installed the latest hotfix and currently the issue seems to have resolved itself.
To your question to whether we used custom text in dimension, no there were not any custom text.
Will keep an eye on this if any further issues arises will let you know.
Barry Kelly
Somebody just posted here that they were having the same issue.
It was a triple post so I deleted one but they all disappeared.
Maybe I deleted the original while the poster deleted the duplicates? - I don't know - but it is gone now.

I can't remember the content of the post or who posted it so if the poster is reading this I apologise and can you please re-post.

I will learn to move the duplicates rather than just delete them from now on.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
It was me!

We have the same problem: got the 6006 fix, working in teamwork and curtain wall dimensions keep disappearing after 5 minutes or so.
Barry Kelly
Nausicaa wrote:
It was me!
Sorry about that.
Glad you posted back.

I don't have an answer for you other than try all the Partial Structure Display options.
Just switching to Entire Model as Vinceno suggested won't work if the dimensions were added in one of the other options.
They only show in the option the dimensions were placed in.

Maybe it is the Renovation Filters.
I don't use them myself but notice that dimensions can also have a Renovation Status.
So if they are set to "To Be Demolished" and your reno filter is set to hide demolished items the dimension will disappear.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
For this project we don't need renovation filters - so everything is in default renovation status. I've checked the partial structural display, which was my first guess, but no, they were all working in the "Enitre model" display.

We'll set aside dimensioning of those curtain walls for few days, and I'll monitor other dimensions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We did a number of teamwork projects, and with renovation filters too but nothing went missing like this.