cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Black&white turned to gray

Anonymous
Not applicable
I encountered a problem with printing both with "plot" from plotmaker and "print" from 2D:
AC decides that all the solid fills should be printed as shades of gray and the contours of some Objects. I suppose it prints them as "grayscale", though I definitely select "black&white". It can be seen in plotmaker too.

In the picture everything should be black!

Anyone else with this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I'm glad the old "print as black" has gone, so you don't get black solids where you've used white background fills (as in your trees, Kliment)

If you set your pens up so selected colours print black you should be able to get around this (i think)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried to make the problematic pens black - no change!
All the trees are the same pen.
I seems the items, reprecented in gray are only Ac objects - windows, chairs, lamps, section makers, etc. Lines and objects with the same pen are shown differently!
Pen Problems 2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
kliment wrote:
Anyone else with this problem?
Yup, we're having it also

we've just been slowly rolling over to ArchiCAD 10 from 8.1 since this past summer, and we're finally starting new projects completely in 10 and we've run into a handful of printing problems that make us want to stick with AC8.1

Because of the solid fills (or 100%) turning a dark shade of gray in plot files, we first blamed out plotter for the light output

I'd try printing with PDF files, but every pdf file that we publish with ArchiCAD 10 crashes out plotter.