Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Border printing problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got a problem with plotmaker chopping off part of my border, when I print the layout it doesnt print the bottom or left hand border, I thought it was a simple problem wit hmargins, but even if I scale it down to say 50% so the lines would obviously be in the printing area, they still don't show up. I've tried redrawing the lines, printing to a different printer.. but nothing works.. any ideas?

cheers,
Daniel
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel

I offset all my borders 1mm inside the blue PM border in the Master. Never have this problem. Previously if drawn border lines were directly on this blue line they sometimes printed half width, sometimes were o.k.

Even if you scale down to 50% it will still only print what is between the blue lines.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stuart,

Thanks for the reply, I actually ended up figuring this out myself, it's wierd though, because all my previous layouts the border was drawn directly on top of the blue lines, and they worked.

cheers,
Daniel
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel wrote:
Stuart,

Thanks for the reply, I actually ended up figuring this out myself.....
Stewart, please Disavow any credit or acclaim that you may have received due to you un-answer. (joking with all)
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok I lied, I was just trying to save face, I used your answer, and because of it we were able to make the prints which were needed to build a new water treatment facility which prevented an outbreak of ecoli on the western searboard, you have saved countless lives Stuart, the world owes you it's praise

cheers,
Daniel
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhh, saved the planet again. Feels good. Now move along people, nothing to see here.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thinking about this some more, the print option "use margins of master layout" or "margins of device" would have an effect too, and could be the cause of the inconsistency.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Thinking about this some more, the print option "use margins of master layout" or "margins of device" would have an effect too, and could be the cause of the inconsistency.
hmmm.. you might be onto something here, if the problem comes upa gain I'll have to try this out.