Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Library in Solo Version?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We recently purchased an AC Solo license as a second station in our office and have not been able to use the Organizer to import details from our detail library, which is contained in its own AC project file. Anyone know if this is a feature that was disabled in Solo? I knew going in to the purchase that Teamwork features were disabled, but am not sure why import via Organizer would be part of those features.

Any alternate methods for detail libraries that work with Solo version? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Griffith
Booster
I don't think you can do that, at least not if you want a 'live' connection to your detail library. That would basically be a hotlinked module, which is a feature not supported in Solo.

Your options might be:

1. File>Interoperability>Merge, which would join the files into one.

2. Copy from one file and paste into another. Works fine, but not a live connection (if you update the detail library file, and want the udate in the project file, you'll have to copy and paste again.

3. Use File>External Content>Place External Drawing - I believe this could provide a live connection to dwg or pdf files, but not to another ArchiCAD files. You'd also have to use Drawing Manger to update to the linked file ( a click of a button).

4. You could put at least some of the details into your template file. Might be cumbersome, and again no means to update.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Another fairly quick way might to be to set up a Publisher Set for each project in your Detail Library, then drag and drop details into that Publisher Set. Output the set as PMKs into a folder for your project. Drag and drop the PMKs to where you want them on the layouts in your project file. If a detail updates in your master Detail Library, you can always republish that selected detail from the Publisher Set and it will then update in your Project File.

PMKs are very compact in file size and retain the original detail scale, and can automatically label with the PMK file name.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Karl Griffith
Booster
How do you output to PMK? I can see options to print, plot, pdf, Bimx Hyper-model, and various image formats, but I don't see PMK anywhere.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
PMK can only be published Views, not Layouts.

So link the saved views of the details in a publish set and hit publish to save out PMK files.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5