BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Details keep defaulting to Core only - can't permanently change the section source structure display

PLVT
Participant

Has anyone else had issues with details which keep reverting to being Core only?

My view map sections have the "Partial Structure Display" as Entire Model, but when viewing details they keep changing to be Core only. I understand that the "Manual-rebuild" details have their Structural Display set by their source, but I can't seem to permanently change the source settings. 

If I clone the Details folder, it shows that the source is set to Without finishes but I have no option of changing it by default for the project. 

It means that whenever I rebuild dimensions or other composites into the detail, I have to confirm the message about the discrepancy between viewpoints (image attached), the new items appear for a moment, but then when navigating to a different view and back they disappear. Extra odd because I thought once a view was rebuilt they would stay. Even copying the dimensions to be static doesn't help and they're still disappearing.

I imagine this could be a bug?

discrepency .pngclone.png
2 REPLIES 2
Botonis
Advisor

Are you redifining the saved view after you make the changes?

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.

That's what's weird, I set the view to 'Entire model', rebuild and the dimensions appear, then clicking "redefine with current settings" makes the view switch back to 'Core only' and it disappears again. 

Learn and get certified!