Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Fill pattern scales in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all! New ArchiCAD user here. I have been teaching myself ArchiCAD by trial and error, watching lots of videos and frequently finding my answers in this forum. Now I have an issues that I can't find the resolution for in any of the usual resources.
I have used a Fill Pattern (Symbol Fills: Stone - Stacked) on exterior and interior elevations. The fill appears perfectly when in the active ArchiCAD file, but when the drawings are PDF'ed the fill scales as you zoom in and out.
See attached 2 images of the exact same fill, same elevation, but with the PDF zoomed in and out. I am having troubles getting to the root of the problem. Is it an issue with the fill I used, or how I applied the fill pattern, an issue with how ArchiCAD saved to PDF, or with my PDF software (I use Bluebeam).
Any suggestions would be great!. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
How are you saving the PDF?
Are you printing to a 3rd party PDF converter or are you publishing (saving as PDF) - hence using Archicad's built in converter.
I find publishing is the best option.
I have found that using a 3rd party PDF converter (printer) can cause problems with fills not appearing correctly - although I have not came across this zoom issue.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,
Thanks for the reply. I have been PDF'ing using the Publish tool. I'm attaching a screenshot of the PDF publish settings I'm using (I'm just using the default settings). If you have the same settings and haven't had any issues then perhaps it's my Bluebeam Revu PDF software, or an issue with the fill pattern (it only happens with that one pattern Symbol Fills: Stone - Stacked, and not with any of the 4 or 5 fills I have used).
Barry Kelly
Can you open the PDF in another viewer (i.e. Adobe)?
That should tell you if it is Bluebeam or the fill.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for your question!

Without having the file, my hunch is the work environment has some issues. One of the reasons why the fill is not the same as the published PDF scale is due to the Vectorial Hatching is turned off.

To turn on Vectorial Hatching, please open the View menu > On-screen Options > Vectorial Hatching
If you turn it on, you will see how the fill looks like when it is published.

Please let me know if it helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT