Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Labeling surface/material ID of any kind of element on elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
We place material labels on our elevations using a code like [01] and a legend where these codes refer to the materiala like [01] Plaster. Is it possible to assing these codes to surfaces and be able to label on any kind of element? Tried a little with building material ID but the skin label works only on walls and surface variations (grey or white plaster) need to create separate building materials. Any thoughts to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's possible. I posted on it in another thread of how I solved a similar problem but not sure how I can link it to here...

Basically you can create a property under property manager such as 'Finish Code' and then make it available to all elements. When you want to label something in the elevation, says a wall, open the wall settings, scroll down and enter the code you want to against Finish Code.

You can then create a schedule that has 'Finish Code' in the criteria and 'has custom value'. You can add something like 'model' to the schedule fields to identify what each code means and edit each item as needed.

I've attached something that might help.

Sarah
Barry Kelly
Sarah wrote:
Yes it's possible. I posted on it in another thread of how I solved a similar problem but not sure how I can link it to here...
I think this is the post you were referring to (just find the post and copy and paste the URL).

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=57240&p=289547#p289547

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11