Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Master Layout Transfer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to transfer a master layout from one project to another? I've created one that I want to use in other projects.

Also, I'm having trouble controlling the dimension tool, whenever I dimension from a wall the tool adds a dimension for the wall thickness too. I don't need the wall thickness dimension, is there a wall to turn this feature off?

Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Have you tried the Help Menu See screen shot below.
When I go to open a file in the left panel it doesn't give the option, see attachment. I've checked the help files...
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might want to try this.
What I've been doing since 10 is just create new blank master in whatever pln file you want, use file>External content>Place external drawing.
Navigate to the file that has the master you want, pick the drawing and place it. You will usually have to re-size a bit.
Others may disagree but, never had a master disappear or cause trouble for me anyway.
lec
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
iDoug:

Or if all else fails, create a new Master in the file at the correct size, open the other file that has the Master you want and copy all the lines, text, etc., and then paste them into the first file (I don't know what other features are missing in the SE version, but this should work).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14