BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Filter Glitch or Cool Feature?

JaredBanks
Mentor
I got a question from one of my blog readers which lead me to do some investigation into Renovation Filters.

So you can use the renovation override styles in the renovation filters options to set new elements to a hatch (say CMU). Unfortunately all filled windows would show that hatch, whether it's in a CMU wall or not. However the override style only works in walls with vectoral fills, symbol fills, or composite structures that don't contain solid fills. Walls drawn with solid fills or composite structures with solid fills are unaffected by the override style. See the attached image.

Shells and roofs have the same weirdness, except composite structures work if there's at least one non-solid fill skin.

Is this a glitch or a cool feature? Seems like it could be both, but probably a glitch. Before I start sharing cool tricks derived from this on the blog, I figured I should solicit some opinions.

Renovation Styles Trick or Glitch.png
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
JaredBanks wrote:
However the override style only works in walls with vectoral fills, symbol fills, or composite structures that don't contain solid fills. Walls drawn with solid fills or composite structures with solid fills are unaffected by the override style.
Also discussed here:
Renovation Filter Overrides on Solid Fill Walls

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
What Jared said makes sense. I made a Vectorial Fill that was empty. I used that fill as my Cut Fill on the demolition wall, and when I put it on the demolition filter, my override fill appeared.

Now if we can get the lineweights to work with the override, that will be perfect.
Learn and get certified!