Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation filters for showing different alternatives.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that you can use the renovation filters like a system to switch between several options for a project. Does anyone give any clue?
10 REPLIES 10
Sasa Glagolic
Participant

In our office we used renovation filter for different variantes of the solution for a huge project.

The problèmes that we encountered were:

• automatic zones for specific renovation filter (each variante) don't work properly since we have zone boundaries in the same layer (the wall which appear in one filter don't appear in the other but are still considered as zone boundary?!)
  • when you work in scheduling - if the plan/model has different renovation filter active (ex. version A) than the schedule, and you need the information for the other (ex. version B) so you set the criteria fo the schedule accordingly, the schedule will not show the proper info until the same renovation filter is active in schedule view and plan/model view - it's not like that just for custom made renovation filters - it's for all, all the time 😕

Has anyone else had the same problem?

And on top of it - filtering information for BIM Office becomes a nightmare (although - that's a problem of BIM Office)...

I would be grateful for any feedback here

AC 26, macOS Monterey 12.6.1
Archicad user since ...forever (v 6)

...just because I'm not active in the community it doesn't mean I am a beginner