Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Splitting A Dimesion Chain

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, this is driving me crazy. I know that twice in the past I split a single dimension chain into two individual chains by deleting one of the dimenions in the middle. I recall doing this by simply selecting the dimension text, then hitting the delete key. I tried this trick again today, and it didn't work. I swear I did this before -- my halucinations aren't nearly as vivid as my memory of doing this.

So my question is, how do I break a single dimension chain into two individual chains?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't select the dimension text. Hover your cursor over the actual line of the dimension and at the lines midpoint, you will get a node. Select this node and delete. This will remove this section of the chain and leave any remaining sections on either end.

Good luck,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

Thanks for saving my sanity!
Anonymous
Not applicable
If only I could have saved some of my own before it was too late.
Djordje
Ace
If you want to join the split chain again, or any two chains for that matter, select one and CTRL click the other.

If you want to unify two adjacent dimensions, delete the marker between them by selecting it (checkmark there) and pressing delete or backspace.

Sorry to all who knew this
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen