BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Story Elevation Markers

TracyGA
Contributor
I would like to automatically note my elevations on my sections and elevations. I know that I can do this by noting my stories and display/output them in my sections and elevations, but I do not want to add a "story" for everything that needs to be noted (such as top of window, top of foundation wall, etc.) Is there a way to add a marker without adding a story? If not, is there at least a manual version of this marker that I could add so that it looks the same as the automatic ones I've set up?
3 REPLIES 3
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
In sections/elevations, use the dimension tool with the construction method set to elevation. You can select the marker type you wish for things such as top of windows or foundations.

There are also a few level marker objects in the depository: on the general/marker symbols and general/graphic symbols sub folders.

Best regards.
TracyGA
Contributor
Thank you! I didn't even realize that the construction method dimensions existed. This is a game changer! I know that you can move the text away from the line if texts overlap, but is there a way to get a leader line to extend from that to the text?
sinceV6
Advocate
Can you post a screenshot?
Learn and get certified!