BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

more fill troubles in PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to resolve a problem plotting my framing plans from Plotmaker. These plans previously plotted without difficulty. My plans are set with framing members (lines) drawn above a 50% bitmap screen which in turn is placed over the major walls. The bitmap color is white and the background is transparent. This _normally_ produces a "grayed-out" plan of walls with superimposed heavy framing member lines. All of this is done in AC. My problem is that for some reason nothing below the bitmap is plotting. I have set option_pref_misc_fill background to all transparent. I have tried plotting with options_display options_ fills set to both keep orig. and all bitmap. The result is still the same. The sheet displays CORRECTLY on screen but plots w/o walls. Can anybody help??
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are using the fills as bitmap?

If so that is your problem. The background pen transparency only affects vector fills. I find the bitmap fills to be far to crude and limited and use vector fills exclusively.

You can use vector fills in the manner you describe, but I recommend that you abandon this approach in favor of using gray pens in PlotMaker. You can either overlay the framing plan as a separate drawing on top of a background plan with all pens set to gray; Or you can draw all the framing elements with special pens that remain black with all others set to gray.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ouch, I guess I could organize it the way you mention -and perhaps I will be doing so from this point forward. However I am very confused and irritated as to how my simple albeit flawed method had been working fine up until yesterday and now, suddenly, doesn't work. Also, why is PM displaying the sheet on screen one way but plotting it completely different (no WYSIWYG)? Could something else be going on here?
Anonymous
Not applicable
aad1 wrote:
Also, why is PM displaying the sheet on screen one way but plotting it completely different (no WYSIWYG)? Could something else be going on here?
Check your drawing settings. PM will display bitmap proxies or full vector images now. Layouts imported from earlier versions will default to display the the drawings as bitmaps.
Learn and get certified!