cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Access to window .dll

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,

I'd like to add a simple cross (corner to corner) to a window in elevation (as we draw windows in elevations by hand/flatcad...). Can I do this for the empty opening? I have managed to make the plan show as a cross but don't know how to do it in elevation. There should be a simple on/off checkbox "show/hide cross".

Cheers.
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
I'd like to add a simple cross (corner to corner) to a window in elevation (as we draw windows in elevations by hand/flatcad...). Can I do this for the empty opening?
Are you looking for a solution in GDL, or do you plan to produce an API-based solution?
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Ralph wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
I'd like to add a simple cross (corner to corner) to a window in elevation (as we draw windows in elevations by hand/flatcad...). Can I do this for the empty opening?
Are you looking for a solution in GDL, or do you plan to produce an API-based solution?
Hi Ralph,
I think I know the issue now. I would like the GDL solution and we can "cheat" in our own swedish basic window favourites and add a parameter that draws the cross. Otherwise it has to go into the code of the GS window and that won't happen I guess. I will try a "cheat" solution and make an extra window/door opening for structural engineers.
Thanks for your reply!
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.