cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

ArchiCAD University Europe

Please visit the Website for ArchiCAD University Europe[/size]

ArchiCAD university took place at Nottingham University Campus, in England, Sept 9-10-11.

Please visit the site at http://www.archicad-university.com

There is plenty of feedback to read from the delegates.

>>>davidnc
email questions here or to davidnc@archicad-university.com
7 REPLIES 7
ACUE 2004 9-10-11 Sept 2004, Nottingham[/size]

ArchiCAD University 2004 is an international summer school for ArchiCAD users, combining learning and pleasure - celebrating the whole culture of ArchiCAD use in practice and education. The date for your diary: September 9-10-11 2004.

ArchiCAD University brings together Graphisoft, architects, interior designers, builders, resellers, consultants and students for what is now the largest annual festival of ArchiCAD on the planet, a memorable occasion, socially, educationally and professionally.

Not a sales event : real users of ArchiCAD and the other applications show ways to get the most out of it.
Not just a training event : it's to Arouse your Awareness of the possible and make probable what you thought was impossible.
Meet Graphisoft corporate leadership and support staff and programmers and discuss visions of the future.
Not just about ArchiCAD! : Discover the 3rd party Tools and software that can expand your working method.
International : share ideas and form lasting friendships with ArchiCAD users from around the world.
Innovation : every ACUE brings with it some premieres of new ideas or products - there will be some at ACUE 2004!
Retreat style atmosphere intensifies your learning experience - no TV! (but there is Internet)
Keep fit : Share exercise machines, swim, or challenge new friends to 5-a-side football in the nearby fitness centre!
Prizes! : for longest distance traveller, most impressive personal portfolio, youngest & oldest attendee, and other excuses for giving prizes.

Newcomers and migrants to ArchiCAD will have their eyes opened to techniques that they may not have dared to tackle alone. Intermediates will have their skills polished; experts will be able to meet other experts and enhance their skills and committment; and super experts have the opportunity to present power solutions to fellow delegates. Above all, it's great to meet people who are so strongly committed to the culture, and many lasting friendships and working relationships result. Every ACU event has a strong tribal community feel.

Bookings at the end of July (29th) are good, in addition to the UK bookings, we have bookings from East and West United States, Sweden, Cyprus, Greece, Austria, Hungary, France, Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Australia, with enquiries from even more.

See the Website http://www.archicad-university.com/ for details of the very busy programme of workshops and plenaries. The website also contains extensive travel information for people coming from outside the UK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
David Nicholson-Cole : ArchiCAD University 2004
*9-10-11 September 2004 at Nottingham University*
ArchiCAD Users Summer School
Enjoy the company of ArchiCAD users in a learning experience!
Email davidnc@archicad-university.com
Web: http://www.archicad-university.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
Not applicable
To add my own (biased*) opinion:

ArchiCAD University (wherever it occurs - Nottingham, Ebensee, Los Angeles, etc?) is always a great event. It has a comfortable and collegial atmosphere with great opportunities to expand your knowledge and make contact with many talented people.

The cost is very reasonable (especially for those who can fly Ryan Air) compared to other professional conferences.

BTW: If you are considering coming this year, I recommend booking your space soon. I get the impression that it is filling up earlier than usual.

*Disclaimer: I can't be entirely objective since I am speaking at the event again this year, and looking forward to meeting more fellow ArchiCAD Talkers (not to mention the pleasures of the live ArchiPub after hours).
Thomas Holm
Booster
I would like to add to the above that I yesterday learned that Archicad 9 will be presented for the first time at ACUE. Since I'm not covered by a NDA, I'd like to help David sell bookings by revealing this. I cannot reveal my source, though, but I learned that AC9 is almost ready and that its distribution will start soon after the announcement, probably in October.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
I would like to add to the above that I yesterday learned that Archicad 9 will be presented for the first time at ACUE. Since I'm not covered by a NDA, I'd like to help David sell bookings by revealing this. I cannot reveal my source, though, but I learned that AC9 is almost ready and that its distribution will start soon after the announcement, probably in October.
Great news Thomas thanks for sharing that with us. Do you think you'll make the jump from AC7

I sure hope you Beta test guys are giving AC9 a good going over, and are catching all those pesky bugs.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Great news Thomas thanks for sharing that with us. Do you think you'll make the jump from AC7
I have placed my order for AC8. (The delay was because of office-internal reasons, nothing else, read no money).

And I'd like to add that my source was not David N-C, and that I'm convinced GS has learned the lesson from the AC8 release - I'm sure they won't let sloppy beta testing hurt them again. On the contrary, I've heard that beta testing has been quite intensive this time. I'd say that is why they aim to distribute so quickly after the announcement.

I'm not one of the testers, though - that's why I'm not under any NDA. And I have no details - I can just say that the future looks good for us Archicad users!
Thomas Holm
Booster
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac9/
ArchiCAD University Winter School 2005 [/size]

We have a very interesting program set up for the Winter School, instead of the usual mixture of plenary lectures and workshops, we shall have a few lectures, but we shall be running a charrette to consider the future of Feuerkogel.
We shall have leading ArchiCAD tutors there, but to lead the charrete, we shall have Peter Martin, a British Architect who has been living and practising in Switzerland for the last 25 years and know the alpine scene well.

Please see the Website - http://www.archicad-university.com

If you are interested, it's URGENT you tell me, as we are more than full already and are booking adjoining accommodation (chalets). More to the point, travel to Salzburg gets more expensive if you leave it late. Email me NOW for details.