cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD doesn't seem to have any railing presets.

djstone
Newcomer

Hello, I am learning how to use the stair and railing tool in ArchiCAD 27(not MacOS), I've been following along on multiple different videos on YouTube and they all have the same preset railings available. "Frameless Glass Railing, Glass Paneled Railing, Metal Railing and Timber Fencing." For some odd reason my ArchiCAD doesn't seem to have any railing presets to use. I can see others have this issue as well in some of the YouTube comments but no one has gotten an answer. I'm hoping someone can help resolve this.

These railing types seem to be in "favorites". If that's the case where do I find these railings to add into my favorites? 

railing - youtube.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi @djstone 

Did you start your project with the default Archicad 27 template?

Do you have anything in your favorites pallete* or is it empty?

* Window> Palettes> Favorites

RicardoLopez_0-1723239453342.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
djstone
Newcomer

Screenshot 2024-08-09 114022.png

Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @djstone 

In the same way as any other Archicad tool you can create your own Favorites and change its settings thanks to Default Settings Dialog (Ctrl+T

RicardoLopez_0-1723238631467.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI CreatorPro M16 HX C14VJG, 64GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 2000 Ada Generation

Thanks for the reply, I understand I can make my own favorites. I am just curious why I don't have any preset ArchiCAD railing types like the photo I attached.

Solution

Hi @djstone 

Did you start your project with the default Archicad 27 template?

Do you have anything in your favorites pallete* or is it empty?

* Window> Palettes> Favorites

RicardoLopez_0-1723239453342.png

M. Arch. Ricardo López

Okay, that was the issue. I was starting with a custom made template. Thanks a lot for clearing that up! That being said, is there a way to get these railing types into my own custom template?

Hi @djstone 

Sure, you can import favorites from a .prf file as the one I attached to this post. It was exported from an empty new file created with Archicad 27 Default Template.

Step by step for Importing Favorites  >>HERE<<

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López

Oh my gosh, you've saved me such a headache. Thank you so much!