cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

KEYNOTE EXCEL EDITING - 28

toofuerte
Contributor

I am trying to add keynotes and editing them in excel.  I created the folder structure in the Keynote window in Archicad, then exported to excel and then added keynotes from older versions, exported from Cadimage, however I just copied and pasted the keynote, title and description.  When I try to import the excel file it says there is an error so it won't import.    I checked and there was no duplicates.  I get the errors saying the keys are shown as text rather than a number.  All other settings are the same. 

Tried many things and it is still not working.  

Gerald Acton "Gary"
Acton Design Services
Windows 10 PRO 64 bit
i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram
AC 19 - AC 28
5 REPLIES 5
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

I've done a couple of conversions between our keynotes database structure and the new Archicad one, and have not had any problems yet.

If it's complaining that the cell types are text when it's expecting numbers, can you try just changing those cells to number format?

Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
NigelMX
Booster

I am having the same issue. It doesn't appear to be the formatting of the cells as I have tried changing these and it makes no difference. The file exported by AC28 is a keynote.xml file, which is not the current format for excel if you were just using it normally. Also the file when exported is read only.

on my machine in excel is says it's a 2004 format of file and functionality will be lost if saved as this, but that's fine as its a simple worksheet. but I get an error and it will not import the updated file.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 at 09.19.21.png

Hi @henrypootel I'm interested to understand what your "keynotes database structure" looks like / refer to / what the origin is (CI Tools / other)?

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

we have no existing keynote database, I was just making up some in AC28 to see how it work, thinking we could stream line our document notes. 

I created a couple of keynotes in AC28, exported them to excel, added some extra text into the file resaved it as an XML file and tried to import it and the error I get is as above. I changed nothing in the file other than adding some extra text to the text which came from the AC keynote.

Just been through a guide and realised you can save as  either keynote or xlsx file. If I do the latter everything seems to work as expected in that I can edit the exported file in excel adding in what ever I want and it duplicates this in AC when you import the file. 

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!