cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Preview icon on favorites pallet

iggiv
Advocate

I must be doing something wrong. After setting all of the parameters to a door and saving it to the favorites palette, whether in 2D or 3D icons, the frame seems to be way out of proportion. I cannot find which parameter may be causing this issue. This issue is in AC7 as well which makes this a setting problem.

See picture attached

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 7.23.00 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-02 at 10.23.02 AM.png
6 REPLIES 6
iggiv
Advocate

I found what triggers this problem but do not understand why. It has to do with the "Wall Closure" option and the setting "Stud wall" If I change it to a different option it seems to show the preview icon correctly.

See attachment

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 3.22.17 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-02 at 3.22.30 PM.png
iggiv
Advocate

I made a mistake. I have two windows open one for AC27 and the other for AC28. The reported result was for AC27, But this is not the same case for AC28. It is still showing the depth of the frame out of proportion.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 3.31.06 PM.png

I think it’s something to do with the frame depth option in the door settings being set to match the wall thickness and the current wall thickness in the wall tool being set quite large so the Favourite preview shows how it would be if it were to be placed in the current wall thickness. I’ve seen this before and it normally corrects itself when a different wall thickness is applied in the wall tool. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 28 Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
iggiv
Advocate

Yes, I think so too. In AC27, changing the “Wall Closure” setting appears to solve the problem. However, this is not the case in AC28, where the issue persists even after changing the settings.

This may be solve with the final version

Have you tried changing the thickness of the currently set wall parameters in the wall tool?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 28 Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
iggiv
Advocate

Thank you for your input. The issue seems to be specific to AC28. On the floor plan view, everything looks correct, including the door settings from the chosen door. However, the issue appears only in the FAVORITE PALETTE. In the preview on the PALETTE and the edit FAVORITE SETTINGS WINDOW, it shows an unproportional frame width. See attachment.

Setting window from favorite pallet.pngSetting window from place element.png

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!