Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 24 Work Environment not playing ball

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I am trying to set up a Work Environment in ArchiCAD 24 that is similar to what I had done for ArchiCAD 23

However I am finding it next to impossible to place and dock toolbars where I want them to go and preferably to have no gaps as well but AC24 the toolbars just jump to where ever they want to go, see movie attached.

Any ideas how to get ArchiCAD 24 to play nice?

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZgz15XZzzp5FyEEaIm3pe701gAUT84KWNFk
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
13 REPLIES 13
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Hi

Sorry been a bit too busy to check my messages.

The Mac I was using was a Mac Mini which has 16Gbs of RAM two units of 8GBS. As a Mac Mini I don't think it has a separate Graphics Card due to it's limited design so maybe that is an issue
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Unfortunately, it could be the case. The Mac Mini lacks a dedicated GPU, therefore there might be some graphical glitch when we use it for Archicad. We always recommend using a dedicated graphics card for running Archicad on macOS (please have a look here).

We haven't received any similar record like this, so it would be very hard to troubleshoot without a stable reproduction method. I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Vitruvius
Contributor
I was having the same difficulty with AC25. Moving the palette / toolbar to a docking position and it ends up placing itself randomly below or further along the dock rather than right adjacent and in the spot it was placed.

I found the following worked:
1. Drag the toolbar/palette to the desired location as accurately as you can.
2. Keep the mouse button depressed for a few seconds before releasing.

The 2nd step seems to encourage it to dock neatly.
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Vitruvius wrote:
I was having the same difficulty with AC25. Moving the palette / toolbar to a docking position and it ends up placing itself randomly below or further along the dock rather than right adjacent and in the spot it was placed.

I found the following worked:
1. Drag the toolbar/palette to the desired location as accurately as you can.
2. Keep the mouse button depressed for a few seconds before releasing.

The 2nd step seems to encourage it to dock neatly.
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

It seems like the problem only happens with Mac Mini, as the previous user also mentioned it there. I'm wondering if you have access to another Mac machine to see whether the issue can be reproduced, using the same Work Environment?

Furthermore, I would like to know if there is any scaling applied to the display on macOS?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT