Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Gateway 450RGH with ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 display issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't post a screenshot of this because when it happens I am unable to figure out where the mouse cursor is in relation to everything. I am running a fresh install of the educational version of ArchiCAD on my Gateway 450RGH laptop with all drivers updated, Omega for the video, and the following specs:

Windows XP SP3
Intel Pentium M 1.60 gig processor
2 gigs RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 video card

Here's what happens... I'm running ArchiCAD, going through the BIM Experience tutorial building the Frank Lloyd Wright house (the one for ArchiCAD 12). After I'd say 30 minutes or so the screen on my laptop flashes, then repeats in layers fading towards the bottom. It's basically like I'm seeing a few hundred pictures layered on top of each other but each one slightly lower than the one before.

Before this happened I was getting a blue screen of death regarding ATI2MAG or whatever it's called. I had no issues previously - I figured something I installed altered my registry and messed up the video card drivers so I removed then re-installed them. Now the blue screen has not appeared and this is happening, ONLY when I'm running ArchiCAD.

I called my local computer place and was told that the video card may be overloading. I also read a few posts which said that the Radeon's have a bug that causes the blue screen. Something in how ArchiCAD is configured by default, or in how it runs by default, is triggering this issue. I searched the forums here and found only one other person posting about an issue with a similar card, but saw no fixes.

To get my laptop checked to see if I can even put a different card in it will cost me $35.00. To replace said card will cost me $65.00 + the price of the card. To replace the laptop could cost anywhere from $200.00 - $2000.00. All the money I have in the world comes to about $3.00. So my only options here are to stop using ArchiCAD or make it run in a way that will not overload my video card and trigger any bugs. I would obviously like to get ArchiCAD running properly on my computer. Can anyone help me with this? A patch, a fix, a setting adjustment, anything?

I would really appreciate it -
- EdenPerishing
0 REPLIES 0