Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Intel Mac Performance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just run a preliminary test on my MacBook Pro (2.16GHz, 2GB-RAM) and am a little surprised by the results. I have noticed that AC9 runs surprisingly well despite being in emulation with Rosetta. It is definitely faster than my old G4 PowerBook (1GHz, 1GB-RAM), but to my surprise it is only slightly slower than running in WinXP on the same machine.

MacOS + Rosetta:
Generate 3D model: 62 sec
Render in Lightworks: 187 sec

WinXP:
Generate 3D: 55 sec
Render in Lightworks: 63 sec

Lightworks under Rosetta does not use both cores so I assume this accounts for much of the difference there.

I'll post more later when I get the chance.
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
Thats very impressive. Universal binaries results (when the coding is available) will be very interesting. I think you have to hand it to Apple for orchestrating a rather smooth transiton over to Intel chips.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Matthew wrote:
It is definitely faster than my old G4 PowerBook (1GHz, 1GB-RAM),
Matthew,
Have you tested it out with the old 1 GHz G4 PB just for comparison? I have the same 17" model as you did and I'm forcing myself to delay the buying of a new laptop as much as I can and wait for 64-bit Intels. Is the speed doubled or tripled...?
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Anonymous
Not applicable
MarinRacic wrote:
Matthew wrote:
It is definitely faster than my old G4 PowerBook (1GHz, 1GB-RAM),
Matthew,
Have you tested it out with the old 1 GHz G4 PB just for comparison? I have the same 17" model as you did and I'm forcing myself to delay the buying of a new laptop as much as I can and wait for 64-bit Intels. Is the speed doubled or tripled...?
Not yet. I'll try to get to it this weekend. I'm curious about this too; just haven't had the time.