Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mousewheel zooming speed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to increase the mousewheel zooming speed when in plan (and also in 3d if possible)? At the moment I feel it takes a lot of finger rolling to get anywhere!!

This was a setting I immediately changed from standard in AutoCAD using the 'ZOOMFACTOR' setting and it made a huge difference to the efficiency of how I worked.

I'd really like it to be similar in ArchiCAD - quite sensitive, only three or four 'clicks' of the wheel to zoom from an overall view of the building to a closer view of an area. I seem to spend more time trying to zoom in and out than doing productive work!!

I know you can zoom to an element, but surely thats what the mousewheel was put there for?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Pete.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine seems to work well. I use both MS mouse and Logitech. Maybe it's specific to each kind of mouse. Just a suggestion but have you tried changing the mouse track speed - maybe this will effect the zoom as well?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I have set the mouse speed as fast as possible, with no acceleration as I prefer a more linear action when moving the mouse.

Even if I do enable acceleration, ArchiCAD seems to actually ignore it. When you switch back to the desktop or another application it is enabled again, weirdly!

I'm using a Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical by the way.

One thing that may be a problem is that I am not using the most up to date logitech drivers (Control center 9.76.046, Mouse driver 9.76) as the newer drivers prevented the mapping of the 'escape' function to the thumb button which I find useful. So I will try updating these temporarily to see if they will help.

Thanks anyway,

Pete.