BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Single License Share Over LAN

Emre Senoglu
Expert
We are a small Architecture Office based in Turkey and we have 2-3 computers (2 macs and 1 pc) connected to the office network. We use ArchiCad for all our works. Recently we thought about getting a network license for ArchiCad, but turns out that it costs more than 3 single licenses. (due to a price strategy in Turkey)

What I'm wondering is if its possible to share a single Archicad license over the network, since carrying around one dongle all the time can get quite confusing. We also use a Time Capsule for the network, so maybe running the dongle over the network could help?

Any help would be really appreciated,
Thanks !
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein
Your screenshot shows that your client connected to the server's WIBU, so I'm not sure why you are not able to obtain the license. The 'no slot free' sounds like someone else is already using the license.

Perhaps a firewall setting? Maybe try temporarily turning off the Mac firewall under Preferences > Security on both machines?

I was able to get this to work with my WIBU under Leopard (10.5) with my Mac serving my Windows laptop, but was not able to get it to work under Snow Leopard (10.6) a year or so ago ...

Hopefully someone else has tried this and knows what might be causing the problem.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!