BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

What is the current build number?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone verify the latest build for AC15 on Mac? When I use the Check for Updates command, it goes to the website and confirms that I have the most recent build 3003. However, I see lots of references to build 3006 and a collaborator I am trying to work with has build 3006, so we can't work together. What is going on here?
16 REPLIES 16
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
"Get Info" only shows my (AC14) as 14.0.0 and does not give build number. AC11 does same, so no reason to believe 15 would be any different, I'm sorry to say.
Now I know why I don't use a Mac!
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, something is amiss in the way GS is reporting version info on the Mac because they always use, e.g., 15.0.0 as the version and then a separate build number unlike all (?) other apps that show the build (essentially) as a component of the version number.

You CAN find the build on a Mac with a couple extra steps. Right-click the ArchiCAD App and do a Show Package Contents, then examine Contents > Info.pist as in attached screenshot.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ArchiTAD
Newcomer
Hi Karl,

I took a chance and upgraded my computers to "Lion" (played with developers versions with no issues) and of course my BIM Servers (13,14,15) are giving me all kinds of error messages. Tracking them down revealed that one of my iMacs was running build 3006 and the other 3003. As you suggested, I downloaded the latest "American" version from myarchicad.com (the only one available for Mac) and it turned out to be 3003! I haven't a clue on how to get 3006 onto my computer running 3003. Any thoughts? I may just uninstall AC15 and reinstall from discs to get me back to 3003 and then deal with my BIM Server issues. Thanks in advance!

Tom
Thomas A Dailey, CPBD, AIBD, Assoc. AIA
www.designdailey.com
ArchiCAD • 25+ years experience
AC …20, Sketchup Pro 2016, Artlantis Studio 6 Piranisi 6 PRO, VectorWorks, Adobe CC, 27" iMacs, G4 Cube, Mac OS 10.12.5, iPad Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Tom,

That's indeed odd about receiving build 3003 from myarchicad.com - that's where I downloaded my copy of build 3006. Surprising that they would change the file to the lower version number.

You "should" be able to copy the ArchiCAD program folder from one Mac to another (directly or via a zip/dmg), as AFAIK, the only other thing installed by the AC installer is the WIBU/Codemeter driver, which has not changed. Such tricks don't work for BIM Server AFAIK, since it installs other stuff here and there.

For your BIM Server under Lion, check out this article if you haven't seen it:
http://archicadwiki.com/Teamwork/BimServerLionMigration

There are reports of certain aspects of AC running slower under Lion than Snow Leopard - it will be interesting to hear your experiences in this thread:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=36523

Cheers,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ArchiTAD
Newcomer
Thanks Karl!

Yeah, I was surprised that the download was 3003. I then uninstalled/reinstalled AC15 (3003) and thought I was in the clear till I opened a project on my BIM Server 15 and discovered it was unusable, for the moment, because it was "Created" (unknowingly) in Build 3006. So now I still have to figure out how to Build 3006 back on one and then my other computers. I'm thinking Time Machine will do the trick.

The ArchiCADWiki article fully addressed my BIM Server issues, at least in writing. I'll follow it's instructions and hopefully resolve my issues.

Tom
www.designdailey.com
AC …20, Sketchup Pro 2016, Artlantis Studio 6 Piranisi 6 PRO, VectorWorks, Adobe CC, 27" iMacs, G4 Cube, Mac OS 10.12.5, iPad Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate
Karl Ottenstein
ArchiTAD wrote:
The ArchiCADWiki article fully addressed my BIM Server issues, at least in writing. I'll follow it's instructions and hopefully resolve my issues.
Great. Please report back to the community here if following the article (to repair) fixes things, and if a Time Machine restore and copy to the other computer gets you up on 3006.

Cheers,
Karl
ArchiTAD
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
Great. Please report back to the community here if following the article (to repair) fixes things, and if a Time Machine restore and copy to the other computer gets you up on 3006.
Good news is that Time Machine worked flawlessly across OSX versions.

Not so good news regarding my BIM Server issues. Luckily I was able to mess around with my home (practice) BIM Server while not risking screwing up my office BIM Server.

Short answer: Nothing seemed to work as described in the ArchiCADWiki article(s)—no big surprise there. I was able to copy back from Time Machine a good Build 3006 copy of AC15 and move it around to my home computers. But, apparently, the BIM Server 15 was still Build 3003, so that didn't work. Error messages galore! Eventually decided to scrap everything, after backing everything up, of course. I uninstalled BIM Servers 13/14/15 and AC versions 13/14/15 and started fresh from original install disks. Ran into error messages referencing BIM Server installations that were "officially" uninstalled. Turns out that the uninstaller app(s) leaves a few testy files around, just enough to aggravate the process. After trashing three "com.graphisoft.BIM Server.plist" files from my Library/Preferences folder the error messages stopped. Eventually I was able to get a BIM Server 15 (Build 3003) with 13 & 14 Modules up and running with everything playing nice together—whew!

Will I upgrade my office Macs to OS Lion? No way! I'm gonna wait and see what others are experiencing and then bravely go where many have gone before!

BTW: I'm still unclear as to how I got Build 3006 on one of my stations and none of the others. Checking for updates still says that 3003 is the most recent update.

Tom
www.designdailey.com
Learn and get certified!