Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Wiby key for AC9 and MacbookPro

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem with my MacbookPro. The desktop after a while stops showing downloads, printed things to itm screen captures and inserted CD’s . I could re-launche the finder and then all it is shown.

Now, I have tried any possible remedy: reinstalled the system after zeroing out all data, removed ½ of memory and then the other 1.w, run apple hardware test for 100 loops. I have suffered for a month with countless conversations with Apple but no solution. Today I visited a genius and forget home my Wibu key. Miracle the issue disappeared.

I am running AC9 only and now I have a close certitude that the Wibu key wersion 9 may be incompatible with MacbookPro.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Did you uninstall the WIBU that is delivered with 9 and install the updated WIBU from here:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Running_both_AC_10_and_AC_9_on_Intel_based_Macintosh?highlight...

This WIBU driver for Intel Mac supports both 9 and 10 (just not at the same time). Have had no problems at all on the MacBook Pro that I installed it, 9 and 10 (and much more) on.

Regards,
Karl

PS Before you say it --- yes, I agree - I have no idea how Graphisoft expects us to find MacTel resources when they are scattered all over the place on different web sites with no central location / index.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tank you Karl for the valuable advise,

I installed firs the 5.10b. AC9 refused to work with it. Then I called David Tauer of GS he guided me to the older 5.01 driver. After installing the desktop problem appears to be gone. I hope this was it. Also visibly the whole interface is snappier

I have spent on this issue at least 60 hours.
Karl Ottenstein
Adalbert wrote:
I have spent on this issue at least 60 hours.
Ouch! Glad David was able to help you.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB