cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

archicad sucks on Sonoma

IN1
Participant

Archicad is sooo bad to work with on my Sonoma OSX. It crashes really often and when you try to open the new instance so that you can open the red colour crash file, it won't show up even though it show like it's running ( you can see the sofware icon with the dot at the bottom as well as in the activity monitor list). It does that with both archicad 25 and 27. 

So if I have 2 instances opeing and one crash then I have to close the other one in able to open a home screen of new archicad instance to see the crash recovered file. Fk annoying. (\it doesn't happen on another window machine)

And when you try to save as, everytime the window pops up a 10km long window that you have to drag it right to left on the screen about 10 times to see the box where you put the file name and another 10 drags to see the save botton. There is only option to make that fk snake longer, not shorter. I mean, wtf is that. 

2 REPLIES 2

Archicad 25 isn’t compatible with Sonoma. There was an issue opening 26 and 27 alongside each other which caused 27 to crash but this was fixed with an update. Is your 27 fully up to date?

We’re running 16 versions of Archicad 26 and 27 on Sonoma with no issues really other than the occasional crash. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.1
macOS Sonoma (14.5)
Barry Kelly

I really can't be bothered replying to a post like this, but I will, as I really like to help if I can.

This is your first post here although you have been a member for over a year.

So please lose the attitude (first and last warning) and try asking a question in a polite tone, and you will be surprised how many people will be more willing to help.

Sonoma has been out for nearly a year now and others here seem to be using it just fine.

Archicad 25 was released 2 years before Sonoma so may not be fully compatible even with the latest updates.

So do you have the latest updates installed for 25 and 27?

As for the crashed file, if you just asked a question, you may be pointed to a reply such as this... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/Autosave-files-location/m-p/596118/highlight/true#M1710...

There has also been posts about the large oversize windows.

I am not a Mac user so have not experienced this, and searching for those posts will be a little harder as it is a case of searching for the correct key words.

Someone else may have a solution for this.

I think it might be a case of closing that dialogue and then open it again, but I may be wrong.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11