Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archicad |SCRIPTING. PLEASE HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, I'm a programmer and I'm familiar with archicad, but I have no idea if it's possible to do in archicad, what I want to do now: I work in city municipality and we need to make database of traffic signs, traffic lights(date of installing, date of uninstalling, sum and so on..). We have city map on which we are working and we place all these signs and other objects on that map. But i wonder if it's possible to add this objects also parameters as i mensioned (data, size,....). It's very important for me and for my city please help. thanks.........
5 REPLIES 5
rocorona
Booster
If you only need to add some info to the objects, all you need is a little knowledge of the GDL language (very similar to the old BASIC).
Try to be more specific, and ask for any help in the dedicate section of the forum: Library / Library parts / GDL

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
thanksssssssssssss
Anonymous
Not applicable
and is it possible to group these objects and make some calculations or retrive data by scripting ? for example : traffic sign 3.2 which is installed in 5 september.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also create IFC parameters which can be attached to anything without doing any GDL at all.

You then use Find & Select and the scheduler to locate, select and group items by these parameters. So yes you could find a particular sign by its install date and/or type. You could also find all signs installed between specified dates and so on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot!