cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BIM Server Libraries

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just started using ArchiCAD in October 2015. Trying to cleanup company files. Some are solo project and a few are teamwork projects. However....we were running ArchiCAD 17 & 16, recently updated to ArchiCAD 19. On the teamwork files.....the BIM Server Library - ArchiCAD Library 17 (Offline). How do I fix this since the past users modified objects and renamed them using the same name. When I create this project to solo....all those objects disappear. And yes BIM Server 19 is on the same computer as BIM Server 17.
1 REPLY 1
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
In any file, in the FILE menu, go to LIBRARIES & OBJECTS / MANAGE BIMCLOUD BIM SERVER LIBRARIES. In the middle of the dialog box, there is a button called UPLOAD... this brings up a typical FILE NAVIGATION box where you can navigate to the REAL LIBRARY you want to add...

HOWEVER... since you're looking for an ARCHICAD library... Graphisoft intended you to now load the AC 19 Library and the AC 19 MIGRATION LIBRARY. This last library holds all the parts from past AC Libraries that don't existing in the 19 library.

The concept is that libraries must be UPLOADED to EACH BIM SERVER (17,18, 19, etc)... Just because something was in the 17 Bim Libraries doesn't mean it will show in 19.

Let me now if this helps.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop