cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BiFold Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all.

I am using AC10 and i'm finding that the supplied bifold doors aren't quite meeting my needs. I need a bi fold that has variable numbers of panels and panel opening configurations, and with glass instead of shutters in the panels. unfortunately i can't work gdl so i'm not sure how to customise them myself. so if anyone knows of any manufacturer sites that have their doors available as gdl objects or any sites that have bi folds available for download, it would be much appreciated

regards
nick

p.s. i'm a poorly student so if they're FREE all the better
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Nick:

If you search the ArchiCAD Help (under the Help menu) for "Custom Components" (Virtual Building > Parametric Objects > Custom Components) you will find a step-by-step guide for creating door panels from slabs, without needing to know GDL. You should be able to create the custom door panels you need with this method.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nick00R wrote:
p.s. i'm a poorly student so if they're FREE all the better
Bummer. I was going to suggest Cadimage Door and Window Builder, but that's not free. Very good value though. And multiple bifold doors are a snap.
Anonymous
Not applicable
my dilemma: I need a bi-fold door with a glass panel with editable stile and rail widths and materials that can be any number of panels from 2-10, and can all open to one side or both? How do I make this door? or get my hands on one?

the beauty of Archi-talk, I stopped by to post a question about bi-fold doors and someone has already posted the same question, all though none of the asnwers so far work for me, I don't want to buy any doors, and my help menu is configured differently than the previous posters so I can not find the tutorial

I made some custom bi-folds already using a custom panel, but they ended up causing a lot problems and crashing my file, because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to GDL but I'll try anything
Rick Thompson
Expert
Real Doors and Windows

It's not free, but not expensive either... and for me has been the best add on I have bought since using AC. It's all I ever use, and you can do what you want.

Depending on your hourly rate.. it might be cheaper than making one.. plus you get many other doors.. and windows:)
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks for the tip on real doors and windows, it turns out our office had already purchased it , it just wasn't loaded on my machine, so I now have beautiful glass bifold doors

but I can't make an accordion door that opens to one side and has three panels, I can do 4, 5, 6, and 8 but I can't figure out how to do 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone tried working with Real Doors and Windows and the door scheduler in Archicad 10?

We used to use Door and Window Builder, but once we upgraded to 10, it slowed our systems and crashed our computers.

I'd be willing to use a thrid party object if it works with the door scheduler.

Thanks!