Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Cabinets - hide lines in between

cocoloco
Expert

Hi! how do I remove these lines ? It is already painful that archicad cabinetry library is not customizable enough for designers so I had to create 3 cabinets instead just ONE with different segments and types... Finally I build the 3 cabinets (already a painful experience) , now these lines shows everywhere! I turned off everything in setting and it is still there. there are connected perfectly and have same finish, so it should hide the lines.... I tried also different display orders but nope, nothing works.

- Floor plan shows ok, all seamless, the cabinet edge visibility on side is turned on for a reason and must stay however the other side is turned off and should not show anywhere and especially not in countertop and baseboard.. I mean... I would have to literally explain the carpenter, piece by piece please don't make cuts, it's my software... and no not a free one.
- regarding floor plan, note worth saying, that countertop visibility also does not show, neither backsplash is ... also can't see each line to be customized for one or another (cabinetry/drawers openings, backsplash, carsas...)

@archicad better come with some *real* updates for interior designers and intuitive work based on feedbacks received for years, because I won't be renewing if I have to spend many hours with workarounds taking hours to find , learn or just simply don't work

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.53.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.52.35 AM.png

  

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
16 REPLIES 16
figge
Booster

The only work around I've found is to use the Plinth and footings rather than just a 'square footing'. At least it eliminates the lines of the base, not sure how to fix your splash back problem.

Object Selection Settings - Footing.jpgObject Selection Settings - Plinth.jpgWith footing and plinth.jpgWith square footing.jpg
W10 Pro | ArchiCAD 27 5060 AUS FULL | Twinmotion 2024.1
Barry Kelly

Personally I don't use the Graphisoft cabinets.

I have created my own to do exactly what I want them to do.

This of course does not help you or anyone else.

I believe the objects from older versions (24?) may work better, but may lack some newer features.

I really don't understand why Graphisoft find it so hard to amend these objects based on user information.

I am having my own battle at the moment with a few objects in 28, trying to get them fixed before it is released, but that is not working well either.

Still, that is another issue.

Use the plinth as figge described.

If you don't have options to hide the backsplash joins, then I would turn it off and add your own continuous backsplash.

You could do the same for the plinth (kickboard), but we really should have the option to hide all joining edges in plan and elevation when these objects are designed to be used side buy side.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mthd
Ace

When I build cabinets in Chief Architect and move them into position right next to an already placed one, they will automatically join. That is, base cabinets auto join to base cabinets and overhead cabinets will auto join to overhead cabinets.

Archicad needs to have a similar function like bump next to the same type of cabinet and they will auto join as well.

AC8.1 - AC27 AC28TP ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia

In Archicad, when 2 of the same surfaces in the same plane touch, they will join seamlessly (in elevation/3D).

Unfortunately this does not apply automatically to objects, as they are always 'independent elements.

I am not sure if this is something Graphisoft can fix, but it would certainly help if they could.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Here is a video on the basics of cabinets and how they work in Chief Architect.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10117/cabinet-basics.html?playlist=87

Graphisoft might be able to learn a thing or two about how cabinets could be improved in Archicad for the future ?

In my region I prefer to use Archicad with CI tools even though it takes a bit longer. We have different fixtures than the US does, like sinks and appliances etc and they look more realistic for our region.

I will have a look at it . It sucks. I can't believe that this is an issue. I am not even using archicad daily, how come no other designer or architect brought up this issue before and how come @archicad still haven't even fixed it? 

PS: How did you show your openings?  I tried also different setting so I can have the lines but I could not find it! 

It is so surprising that this has not been addressed before or fixed... this is 2024, I literally just started to use archicad little bit more, and noticing these items that were all automated in Revit (and you said chief architect too).... I feel Archicad focus on items every year as upgrades that don't mean nothing to me but can't fix things like this? 

thank you I will try. I really really hope that archicad is coming with some actually real upgrades this year, or rather, better UI and functionality of existing functions :((( 

Thanks Barry as always!

They did do some work on cabinets in versions 25 & 26. I agree that they could do some more work on them particularly for interior designers.