Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Can't make a line dashed.

S-A-L
Participant

Any advice on troubleshooting that a line refuses to be set to dashed.  Hitting the 'Line Selection Setting' and selecting the desired dash doesn't change it.  Tried toggling through 'uniform..' , 'drafting line', "cut" and not cut.

Tried repair the file, nothing.

Tried different pens, nothing. 

UGH!

Maybe something got toggled in a general setting somewhere causing this, but if so, can't find it anywhere.

Appreciate your time if any suggestions.  

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

There was a bug where you couldn't select different line types (which I believe has been fixed).

But it sounds like you can select the line type you want.

I would guess that you have a Graphic Override or Renovation Filter that is overriding the line type.

So no matter what you set it to, it is still getting overridden as something else.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you for your message --much appreciated.  Actually, no, I can't select the line type I want. I can't switch a solid line to any dashed line.

Checking my graphic overrides, and none are set to solid. 

If you can't select the different line types, you can use the arrow keys to move up/down in the list.

Or apply the latest update - I think that is supposed to fix it (I am assuming you are using version 26 - you should ideally add some information to your signature or at least tell us what you are using - Archicad version and operating system).

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Ok, ugh, so using arrows up and down is the only way to select and not by clicking on the desired dash with the mouse?

It is a known bug in 26 in Ventura, that has supposedly been fixed with the latest update.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Developer-forum/Cannot-select-Line-Type-Archicad-26-macOS-Ventur...

I can't confirm as I don't have a Mac.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Yes, mine is Ventura on Mac, thanks. Again, much appreciated!