BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating custom wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm using Archicad 20 and attempting to build a bit of an unusual model. In theory it is a circular cabin with 12 equal sides at ground level and 6 equal sides at eaves level. Made out of triangular and trapezoidal panels; the trapezoidal panels are vertical whilst the triangular panels are at 18 degrees to allow the edges to meet- please see my sketch model segment and element below.

My question is how do I make these wall panel elements in archicad???

Thank you for all of your expertise in advance and apologies if I have not included enough information.

Keri
5 REPLIES 5
DGSketcher
Legend
You can do this with slanted walls set to 72 degrees filleted with the vertical walls.

How to create a slanted wall... https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19/archicad-19-int-reference-guide/elements-of-the...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! That worked great, however, I have now reached my second problem;

In using (in theory) a very thick but shallow section of double slated wall to create my trapezoidal shaped walls I now cannot place my windows as they are insisting on (as they should) be placed with the faces on either of the slanted faces. Is there a way to override the window placements so that in theory they are being placed sideways into a wall? Would making my 'new' trapezoidal walls into morphs, creating a hole and entering an invisible wall be the only fix?

Thanks!!!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not sure what you tried, but I drafted this with just walls, no problem inserting windows.

Attached zip is module file, you might need to swap some things out, because I'm using NL version of ArchiCAD, but you should get the general idea.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
Not sure what you tried, but I drafted this with just walls, no problem inserting windows.

Attached zip is module file, you might need to swap some things out, because I'm using NL version of ArchiCAD, but you should get the general idea.
This is fantastic!! thank you! what you have created out of walls has taken me half a day out of morphs and a lot of calcs! The file opens just fine although I can't figure out how you managed to get the collection of walls to provide 12 sides to the base and 6 to the top. Could you please explain how to set this?

Many many thanks!!
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Drew the 6 sided thing with multiply rotate settings (ctrl / cmd + u).

Drew a single slanted wall with your specified angle. Moved it in place in 3D (the top of the slanted wall to the top corner of the 6-sided).

Adjusted the reference lines in plan.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!