Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom object parameters for scheduling

jakubc7
Advocate
Is there a way to assign a custom parameter/field to a project ... ie.

I have a bunch of custom made electrical symbols. I can schedule them but would like to give them a Custom Parameter field such as Schedule Name for example. I don't want to edit each GLD object manually, just create a new parameter for all "Drawing Symbols" or "Electrical Symbols" object sub-type within the given the job pln project.

I can see many uses for this especially in schedules.

Hope this is possible.

Thanks.
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
5 REPLIES 5
Stig Bengtsson
Participant
In AC16 you can add and schedule IFC-parameters, but unfortunately they are not interactive in the schedule.
Architect AIA RIBA SAR/MSA, Graphisoft Registered Consultant
AC19 SWE 7006
AC20 SWE 4012
Create an object template where You edit the parameter...than apply the template to all Your objects (one by one unfortunately) - they will inherit the parameters from the template. (Little faster than editing every file maunally - and if You change the template in the future - ie. add another parameter - the changes will be in all parts connected to that template)
Then from schedule settings find Your parameter from either the template or one of the objects as custom parameter.

Best Regards,
Piotr
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks for the suggestions.

Object template may be a good option but wouldn't work very well if I was to assign it to ArchiCAD Library and need to upgrade it each release.

I worked with Revit and this was a simple and very useful feature.

Maybe this would be better in the "Developers Forum"???
Any other suggestions. I'd love to be able to do this?

PS. Can mod please move this to a more appropriate forum "Developers" or "Schedules" maybe?
If You have Your own objects - You will add a template to Your library (it is a plain invisible object BTW) - and it will be there...no need to edit the standard library.

Best Regards,
Piotr
jakubc7
Advocate
Thanks Piotr. I will look into your suggestion. I'm not too familiar with GDL scripting so may have to read into GDL cookbook a little to get a hang of it.
Thanks.