Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

D/W surfaces get all white in AC20

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
On several projects in my office windows and doors are just white. I have different material on the different parts but still the whole element is white and I can'f figure out why. It happened to me first with a model I migrated to 20 from 19. I thought it had something to do with that but the a few of my colleagues had the same problem with new AC20 projects.
See screenshot for a door where I can't change any surface material. There are no graphical overrides.
Cheers,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
In the MODEL section of the settings dialogue do you have the surface override turned on?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
In the MODEL section of the settings dialogue do you have the surface override turned on?

Barry.
That actual section is gone in my installation!? I've been trying to find it everywhere...thought I missed a new 2 feature...

ahh....my gosh...the Model part was hidden in the WE...just like that ...thanks Barry and now I need to investigate how the xxxx this can happen... so lame of me not looking in the WO...
AC 25 SWE Full

Barry Kelly
Mats_Knutsson wrote:
That actual section is gone in my installation!? I've been trying to find it everywhere...thought I missed a new 2 feature...

ahh....my gosh...the Model part was hidden in the WE...just like that ...thanks Barry and now I need to investigate how the xxxx this can happen... so lame of me not looking in the WO...
I just loaded the default standard WE in 20 and yes the model settings were turned off.
Did the same in 18 and it was there as standard.
Must have changed in 19 - not sure why.
I know it did change from 'Use Object's Surfaces' to Override Surfaces'.
But it still does the same thing.

It is also hidden in the info box settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
Mats_Knutsson wrote:

I just loaded the default standard WE in 20 and yes the model settings were turned off.
Did the same in 18 and it was there as standard.
Must have changed in 19 - not sure why.
I know it did change from 'Use Object's Surfaces' to Override Surfaces'.
But it still does the same thing.

It is also hidden in the info box settings.

Barry.
Yup. Weird. Didn't see that so I need to redo our template a little.
AC 25 SWE Full