Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door opening issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

i am looking for a door which has a side light but has the hinges on the same side as the side light. I have tried the standard library doors but can not figure this out. Can anyone help?

Screen-doors.png
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I don't use the same library, but one would assume there's a toggle/parameter that changes the hinge side of the door. That's how the dutch library part works, at least.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Karl Ottenstein
mattb wrote:
i am looking for a door which has a side light but has the hinges on the same side as the side light. I have tried the standard library doors but can not figure this out. Can anyone help?
Interestingly enough, I just put in that request via tech support, particularly where the sidelight is a full fixed panel, as it is a common patio door configuration here. Sounds like both the US and UK libraries have this issue if we're both seeing it.

(The current sidelight doors have another problem that the frame around the sidelight is all one size - but if you use a glass door panel, you can set different sizes for each edge. Typically, I find the bottom frame to be larger than the other sides - but cannot set the sidelight to do that with the current objects - at least the US versions.)

My workaround is to 'gang' (mull) two doors together, and to disable the opening lines for the door that is serving as the 'sidelight'. The physical representation works out fine - but door markers / schedules have to deal with the two objects, one of which isn't really a door...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Erwin wrote:
I don't use the same library, but one would assume there's a toggle/parameter that changes the hinge side of the door. That's how the dutch library part works, at least.
If we have that in the US library, I can't find it... could you post a screenshot of where the parameter is?

Thanks!
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB