Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get the Modular Joinery object!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd just like to push this http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=135321#135321
a little more.

Ralph Wessel has created a hugely flexible window/door/panel/storefront/curtain wall GDL object, called Modular Joinery. It was commissioned by Graphisoft U K and is distributed to their Archicad subscribers, and for similar purpose to other distributors.

I've been using it for a week or so now, and I find it extraordinarily good, and something I've been wishing to have for a long time. Not only is the object itself working very well, it also has a new, simple yet very creative and useful UI (user interface), and also comes with a 22-page user manual!

If you have an Archicad subscription, immediately ask your distributor to supply you with this GDL object, and if he/she doesn't have it, to get it from Graphisoft U.K.!

I'd also like to send my sincere thanks to Graphisoft U K who've had the wit to engage one of the most distinguished GDL programmers for this task, and to share it with the user community this way. And of course, to Ralph!

modularjoinery_688.jpg
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
145 REPLIES 145
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Haneef wrote:
Any idea why my Modular Joinery-14 library part is no working in AC16.
ArchiCAD 16 is not fully backward compatible with GDL objects from earlier versions. There is an update to the MJO to provide full compatibility that should be available through your reseller. I would avoid working with AC16 until you are sure all your libraries are compatible - the change can otherwise cause permanent data loss. For more information, look here.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the responce I got from my AC dealer in S.F.
Quote;
"Please see below…MJO is not compatible with v16 due to a GDL coding issue according to GSNA (1-800-238-3992). However, below my signature is a link to where you can download MJO for v15…I tried emailing the .zip file to you earlier today but apparently Gmail does not allow you to send .zip attachments. Please let me know if you are unable to download MJO for v15…thanks!
Best Regards
Frank P. Gennaccaro
Customer Service Manager

ARCHVISTA Building Technologies

Design, Construction & Management Solutions

:: 330 2nd Street, Suite 204

:: Oakland, CA 94607"
So what's up with that Ralph?
lec
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
lec1212 wrote:
Here's the responce I got from my AC dealer in S.F.
Quote;
"Please see below…MJO is not compatible with v16 due to a GDL coding issue"

So what's up with that Ralph?
I think we need to ask GS what's up - an update for all versions from AC14 to AC16 was released over 2 months ago to provide compatibility with ArchiCAD 16. I was already concerned to discover that we no longer have full backward compatibility in GDL. But I really can't understand why updates aren't flowing though to customers, leaving them find problems themselves. Who (within GS) has taken the trouble to notify your reseller that there is a potential problem but not told them about the solution?

You shouldn't have to do this yourself, but can you ask your reseller to get the update from GS UK and distribute it to their customers? It's a free update that has been available for months.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update Ralph.
DONE!
Tom Simmons/Archvista has been great regarding issues in general, but I'll stay on em regarding this one.
And thanks for all your generous help.
Take care.
Be safe out there.
lec
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shocking development.
I just got an email from Frank (rep at Archvista) that they said they thought Objective and MJO were the same!
Quote:" isn't Objective the same as MJO?"
How could an otherwise responsible dealer for the west coast of the U.S. be so uninformed?
Shocking.
I asked them to get it sorted out asap.
lec
vistasp
Advisor
lec1212 wrote:
How could an otherwise responsible dealer for the west coast of the U.S. be so uninformed?
At least you have one...
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
JaredBanks
Mentor
what about putting the MJO on BIMcomponents.com? That'd be ideal.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
lec1212 wrote:
At least you have one... :roll:
Hi Vistasp
Now that's some nice positive thinking:-)
Anonymous
Not applicable
JaredBanks wrote:
what about putting the MJO on BIMcomponents.com? That'd be ideal.
Hi Jared
I think it's 'morphed' into to bring a subscription sign-up bonus only except for the UK?
But then G.S. is kinda hush-hush about intents.
And then it gets past under the table to friends.
Kinda like a bag of something.
But then again, that's kinda fun:-)
Game ON!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lec,

It's not really that shocking, I don't use those add-ons which is why I didn't know.

Regards,

Frank Gennaccaro
ARCHVISTA, Inc.