Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get the Modular Joinery object!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd just like to push this http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=135321#135321
a little more.

Ralph Wessel has created a hugely flexible window/door/panel/storefront/curtain wall GDL object, called Modular Joinery. It was commissioned by Graphisoft U K and is distributed to their Archicad subscribers, and for similar purpose to other distributors.

I've been using it for a week or so now, and I find it extraordinarily good, and something I've been wishing to have for a long time. Not only is the object itself working very well, it also has a new, simple yet very creative and useful UI (user interface), and also comes with a 22-page user manual!

If you have an Archicad subscription, immediately ask your distributor to supply you with this GDL object, and if he/she doesn't have it, to get it from Graphisoft U.K.!

I'd also like to send my sincere thanks to Graphisoft U K who've had the wit to engage one of the most distinguished GDL programmers for this task, and to share it with the user community this way. And of course, to Ralph!

modularjoinery_688.jpg
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
145 REPLIES 145
Thomas Holm
Booster
This is a rendering of a house I designed three years ago with only Velfac 200 windows. AC standard objects. It looks OK because I chose that, but instead I had to edit every single detail and section in 2D. I could not get both looks and cuts OK at the same time.
ACCamera25.jpg
Thomas Holm
Booster
As built. (The woman isn't a model, she's the owner!)
Thomas Holm
Booster
From the inside. And please note that you cannot see any difference between openable and fixed windows. (the railing is made out of singular frameless glass panes) (and I realize I'm quite off topic now, I couldn't resist - I'm proud of this one)
INside.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lovely images, Thomas! The building's turned out great!
Thomas:
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks, guys!
Erika Epstein
Booster
Oh Thomas, it is lovely!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Hej Thomas
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
is there any hope of getting the Modular Joinery object if you don't live in the UK? I don't know what Ralph was paid to develop this, but clearly he would make a greater and justly deserved reward were this to made to the ArchiCAD community at large.

cary
Thomas Holm
Booster
Cary wrote:
is there any hope of getting the Modular Joinery object if you don't live in the UK? ...
If you read back in this thread, you'll find you should contact your local distributor to get it from GS UK. THey have all the rights to it, and they supply other distributors.