Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Get the Modular Joinery object!

Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd just like to push this http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=135321#135321
a little more.

Ralph Wessel has created a hugely flexible window/door/panel/storefront/curtain wall GDL object, called Modular Joinery. It was commissioned by Graphisoft U K and is distributed to their Archicad subscribers, and for similar purpose to other distributors.

I've been using it for a week or so now, and I find it extraordinarily good, and something I've been wishing to have for a long time. Not only is the object itself working very well, it also has a new, simple yet very creative and useful UI (user interface), and also comes with a 22-page user manual!

If you have an Archicad subscription, immediately ask your distributor to supply you with this GDL object, and if he/she doesn't have it, to get it from Graphisoft U.K.!

I'd also like to send my sincere thanks to Graphisoft U K who've had the wit to engage one of the most distinguished GDL programmers for this task, and to share it with the user community this way. And of course, to Ralph!

modularjoinery_688.jpg
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
145 REPLIES 145
Anonymous
Not applicable
frankpaul wrote:
Lec,

It's not really that shocking, I don't use those add-ons which is why I didn't know.

Regards,

Frank Gennaccaro
ARCHVISTA, Inc.
But your the dealer.
Does Tom not know what's up either?
vistasp
Advisor
lec1212 wrote:
vistasp wrote:
lec1212 wrote:
How could an otherwise responsible dealer for the west coast of the U.S. be so uninformed?
At least you have one...
Hi Vistasp
Now that's some nice positive thinking:-)
Lec, positive thinking would be if I said, "India will have a dealer/reseller, again from TODAY!".
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
lec1212 wrote:
vistasp wrote:
At least you have one... :roll:
Hi Vistasp
Now that's some nice positive thinking:-)
Lec, positive thinking would be if I said, "India will have a dealer/reseller, again from TODAY!". 😄
Hey Vistasp,
Well, I guess I was commenting on maybe I should be glad (positive) there is a west coast AC dealer. (Don't have a problem with Archvista at all). Just got kinda bummed since my last (original dealer in L.A.) (who is no longer in business) had such an amazingly much more responsive and informed assistant who would go out of his way ten fold.
Done with rant.

Sorry to hear no AC dealer, hope you get one soon.
What's up with with no AC dealer?
Has there ever been one?
Since you've been here before, maybe you should move to Santa Cruz:-))
Hint: Silicon Valley is on the move again.
vistasp
Advisor
Hi Lec,

The original reseller, Adroitec, sold a lot of us our initial licenses starting around 2005-06. I don't know what exactly happened but a couple of years ago another reseller--DowcoMAX--was appointed in their place. The latter turned out to be utterly useless and were almost impossible to connect with. Literally. Their dealership (and probably the company itself) has been defunct for quite a while, although they're still showing up as resellers on the GS website.

GS has said--I prod them periodically on twitter--that they are looking for a reliable reseller. Meanwhile, we're turning green seeing you all using Renovation Filters, Shadows in OpenGL, built-in Ecodesigner and the Morph tool.

Silicon Valley may be taking off again but we have 1.25 billion people and they all need homes! Of course, N. Calif has far better weather than most of India... Heck, it has better weather than most of the world!

I've gone way off topic so I'll put in a token relevant paragraph. 😉

When I heard bout MJO for subscription customers, I called Adroitec who, although they had never heard of it, immediately contacted and got it from GS-UK, burned it on CDs and then sent to us by post. The whole thing took about 10 days if I remember right.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
Hi Lec,

The original reseller, Adroitec, sold a lot of us our initial licenses starting around 2005-06. I don't know what exactly happened but a couple of years ago another reseller--DowcoMAX--was appointed in their place. The latter turned out to be utterly useless and were almost impossible to connect with. Literally. Their dealership (and probably the company itself) has been defunct for quite a while, although they're still showing up as resellers on the GS website.

GS has said--I prod them periodically on twitter--that they are looking for a reliable reseller. Meanwhile, we're turning green seeing you all using Renovation Filters, Shadows in OpenGL, built-in Ecodesigner and the Morph tool.
Now that's gotta be frustrating as all get out.

Silicon Valley may be taking off again but we have 1.25 billion people and they all need homes! 🙂 Of course, N. Calif has far better weather than most of India... Heck, it has better weather than most of the world! 😄

1.25 Billion who need homes ? Wow you must be swamped, maybe I should move to Bombay!

I've gone way off topic so I'll put in a token relevant paragraph. 😉

When I heard bout MJO for subscription customers, I called Adroitec who, although they had never heard of it, immediately contacted and got it from GS-UK, burned it on CDs and then sent to us by post. The whole thing took about 10 days if I remember right.
It took about 10 seconds from my previous dealer, as it's only about 1.25 megs
Looks like I'm in for a much longer wait this time.
ps Sorry about writing within your quotes, I'll work on correcting that as I'm
not sure at this point on how to break a quote into different parts.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
lec1212 wrote:
Sorry about writing within your quotes, I'll work on correcting that as I'm not sure at this point on how to break a quote into different parts.
Once I have the quote (by clicking the Quote button), I'll copy the entire quote, including the quote code, inside the reply box, then delete the unwanted parts of each quote, then write the replies between the quote parts.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did a quick quote-test of your suggestion (and then deleted post).
Worked great and that was easy.
To late for other post.
But now I know for next time

Thanks David.
Stress Co_
Advisor
MJO is now available to everyone on AC16.... with an active Archicad subscription.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
aahatimo
Newcomer
the modular joinery object has been released for v16 archiplus users!
http://blog.graphisoftus.com/events/contests/modular-joinery-object-bim-compenents-com-archiplus
i just cannot download it as discussed because there is no way to sign is as a subscriber.
but we are getting closer!

edit:
sorry i now see that this is being looked into on another post, under a different name:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40112&start=0
my subscription is probably not in the database either.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
RandyC
Advocate
apparently my subscription to Archiplus is also not in the database
maybe it is because I am from Canada and we are not entered into the
North American DataBase ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9