Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Help with Garage door

Anonymous
Not applicable
I seem to have a difficult time in many areas for some reason with Garage Doors. Any advice on working with them would be appreciated.
other than the problem with the alignment in the wall as mentioned here: AC12 garage door frame alignment in wall ( am using AC14), I can not seem to place a simple Segmented door.
Attached is a screen shot of the AC14 Library Doors.

Simple Segmented Gagrage Dr.png
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Simple Garage Door
Gagrage Dr.GIF
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you explain the problem further, Jay?

Are you saying when you try to place the Garage door on the floorplan nothing happens? Or is there some kind of specific setting you need that isn't working for you? It's not clear from your post.

If it is just a problem with the preview of the garage door (I notice there are no panels shown in your picture of the settings dialog), then you are probably viewing the wrong face of the door. Move you cursor over the preview image until the little arrow appears and then click, then you can see the other side!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Can you explain the problem further, Jay?

Are you saying when you try to place the Garage door on the floorplan nothing happens? Or is there some kind of specific setting you need that isn't working for you? It's not clear from your post.
Sorry for the incomplete Post. Lazy ... and hoped picture was worth 1000 words. You did get it correct, in that I was missing the Panel representation in the Preview window. It was as simple as rotating the view in the Preview window. It is strange that it seems to default to the back of the door, and that the the back does not have the option to also be embossed with Panels.
Peter wrote:
If it is just a problem with the preview of the garage door (I notice there are no panels shown in your picture of the settings dialog), then you are probably viewing the wrong face of the door. Move you cursor over the preview image until the little arrow appears and then click, then you can see the other side!
The following pictures represent my best attempts with modeling a garage door as it is actually placed in a framed wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
D1 Garage 14
Gagrage Dr 3.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
D1 Garage 14
Gagrage Dr 4.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding your note about the door alignment; I believe you can adjust the positioning of 'D1 Garage 2 14' (and others) by using the standard Reveal Depth setting like a normal door. The 'D1 Garage 4 14' door has this Reveal Depth setting hidden, and can't be modified.