cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to remove these door outlines?

Durval
Enthusiast
In the picture attached you see the plan view of a custom door inserted twice in the wall.
The one on the left has a sill height; the one on the right does not.
The 3d script of this door is nothing more than one simple WALLHOLE command (I needed a simple trapezoidal opening). Its 2d script is empty.
I want a door WITH a sill height and WITHOUT the outlines, i.e., I'd like the left door's plan vien was like the one on the right. It seems that when the sill value is different from zero, these outlines are automatically inserted.

remove_door_outlines.png
--- www.dtabach.com.br ---
AC 24 BR – MacBook Pro 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB RAM Mac OS 10.14
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Durval:

I created a new door part with only a WallHole command in the 3D Script, and nothing in the 2D Script, and got the opposite of what you show (no opening contours or sill lines). Why don't you post the library part?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Durval
Enthusiast
The door is attached. It was created with an old AC version (7, I think), that's why the extension is ".DOR".
This happens with other doors I created.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Durval:

There is some sort of corruption with the library part. At the top of the parameter list is Wall Contours (0-None,1-Full,2-Side,3-Length) with possible values of 0, 1, 2 and 3. In the case of your part this is set to 1, but needs to be set to 0 to avoid the problem you describe, but when I try to set this value to 0, it does not stick, upon reopening the door's dialog box it is set back to 1. I was able to create a new library part and paste your 3D Script into it, and that works (the Wall Contours parameter can be changed). I suspect there is some issue in the underlying code of this part that came from version 7 where these sort of options did not exist. I can only see creating new library parts, with new parameters and then copying and pasting the code from the various scripts. A bit laborious, I don't know if someone else will have a better method.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Durval
Enthusiast
Thank you very much David for reviewing my object.
This is very weird.
I thought the blue parameters, created by default when setting subtypes, would not have any effect on the object unless they were used in the scripts. It seems that I was wrong...
Is there any other blue parameter that do affect the object even if not used in the scripts?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Durval wrote:
I thought the blue parameters, created by default when setting subtypes, would not have any effect on the object unless they were used in the scripts. It seems that I was wrong...
In this case, the parameter is replacing the Contours pop up in AC 7 (see image below), so it moves from the dialog box, where it cannot be scripted, to the GDL arena. In your case, the object will not accept user input to change the parameter, which is more of a bug.
Durval wrote:
Is there any other blue parameter that do affect the object even if not used in the scripts?
It is not the fact that it is not used in the script, it is an additional parameter that could be controled by a script(s). The next parameter Hotspots 0-None,1-2D,2-3D,3-All has a similar function: to automatically add (or not) the 2D and 3D HotSpots, so the HotSpots can be scripted, or added without scripting.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture