cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Label tool w/ custom label

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I was testing the label tool using one of the custom labels,
specifically the "Label Wall" label, supplied in the AC library
and discovered that it doesn't work as I expected.
I assumed it was supposed to display the thickness and fills
of a wall that it is associated with. It doesn't.
Instead it displays the thickness and fills of the
settings of the wall tool as they are set at the moment.
If you go to the wall tool and change the settings, then
select the label that has been placed open its settings and click OK,
it will now show the new settings of the wall tool.
Is this the way this object is supposed to work ?
If so, what possible use could it have ?
Thank you,
Peter Devlin
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
we use wall label to tag wall that are then converted into the loghome software & all logs are labed starting with the wall label designation. Also seems to be used in generating some of the framing layouts that are out.
Attach an associative "Label Wall" label either to a Wall you are about to draw, or to a Wall that has already been placed by checking the "Label Wall" box under the "Listing and Labeling" panel of the Wall Settings Dialog.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Attach an associative "Label Wall" label either to a Wall you are about to draw, or to a Wall that has already been placed by checking the "Label Wall" box under the "Listing and Labeling" panel of the Wall Settings Dialog.
We're having a similar discussion over here : http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=82344&highlight=wall+label#82344

I am looking for a 2D label - specifically a custom 'wall type' label that will show our office standard wall type inside a hexagonal shape. so far i have found no way to associate wall composites to custom label values.

Could you offer any advice on this problem?
LINZ: Perhaps this will help?

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=6117&highlight=composite+label
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
LINZ: Perhaps this will help?

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=6117&highlight=composite+label
close, but no hexagon...

i tried changing the GDL script in the Object_Indicator_NCS Marker to Include the Hexagon Shape info from a custom Shape Label, but that proved futile. So i'm back at square one.

The general word on the street seems to be that the AC label tool is pretty useless anyway, and it will need some reworking from GS to become to tool it promises to be.
It can be unpredictable -- our "BO Elevation" label, associated with ceiling slabs for our RCPs, likes to turn itself off on occasion, but we haven't had a problem (yet -- it's been a year) with our partition-type label.

And we don't use labels for standard annotation (the whole leader-not-in-the-right-location issue).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mr Peter Devlin:

I do not know about AC 8, 9, or 10.
But since AC 6.5 and 7, english and spanish, this labels work fine:
Label muro 70
Label wall 65
Label wall 70
I try to do like you say, and nothing happen.

I think that is a mistake from Graphisoft in your software.
In my software the "Label Wall 70" has a mistake.
I need to open it, and change a letter in the script, in order to fix the error.
Now it is right.

Rodolfo Jimenez
Architect
Mexico
AC 7.0 R3

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Peter wrote:
Hello
I was testing the label tool using one of the custom labels,
specifically the "Label Wall" label, supplied in the AC library
and discovered that it doesn't work as I expected......Thank you,
Peter Devlin
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
And ... please oh please let us create SCHEDULES from LABELS... Ugh... this seems so obvious as a way to inject little package specification to objects without having to rescript them all...

So, for example, a label could display the ID of objects and within the LABEL scripts reference a database of Short Note, Long Note and Specification. If we could create a schedule that looked at the LABELs, we could generate the reference notes for that sheet. This could include items that you can't edit scripts for as well. Like a WALL LABEL that generated a reference note...

Long time wish for me.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent idea.

Now I am using the label tool in order to check my plans in the screen,
and check the right layer, dimension, ID (that I use to write inside de reference lines of the plans drawings), the right property for calculate menu.

With de LABEL i make this very soon, and I know that the results (when I use the Calculate Menu) will be right.

These tool is very usefull, but you need to know something about GDL. After this, the work is made it.
You don´t need write nothing. All the work is in automatic.

And I am sure that the schedule-label will be a great tool.

I send an imagen of the label that I use it in my daily work.
I don´t need print it. Only to check in the screen.

The only difficult think is that I can not defining the positioni of the label when I place it over the plan.
I don´t know exactly the place where the label will be located, on the plan.
So, when the label is in the plan, I need to move it to the place that I need it, by hand.

I remember , when I put a door in the wall, I have different options to place it.
But with the label, The place is choose it by the software, and is unpredictable.

Here a picture of my label.

vfrontiers wrote:
And ... please oh please let us create SCHEDULES from LABELS... Ugh... this seems so obvious as a way to inject little package specification to objects without having to rescript them all...