Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Libarary Updates & management

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do AC11 library updates overwrite the whole existing standard library? ie. will newly user-created texture jpgs stored in the standard ArchiCad 11 library (with new unique names) be overwritten and deleted, or will the update cleverly just add new items to the my existing library and preserve my newly created textures?

I've just started creating my own textures and have a fear I've been saving them in the wrong place ie. in the Standard Library as opposed to a new folder. Just needed some confirmation as I'm still getting to grips with Library management.

ta
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
carch wrote:
Do AC11 library updates overwrite the whole existing standard library? ie. will newly user-created texture jpgs stored in the standard ArchiCad 11 library (with new unique names) be overwritten and deleted, or will the update cleverly just add new items to the my existing library and preserve my newly created textures?
I'd recommend adding nothing to the standard ArchiCAD 11 library - reserve it for GS alone.

Start your own library directory instead. For every project, I typically have 3 libraries:
  • 1. The standard ArchiCAD libraries
    2. My own standard library, containing objects I use across multiple projects
    3. A project-specific library, for custom (one-off) objects designed for a specific job
Each library is simply a folder, which is added to the list of active libraries with the Library Manager.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for the advice, 3 libraries is much safer and I'll follow this set up. I was asking for trouble the way I had the library 'organised' before.